COVID-19 Exposure Prevention & Preparedness.
JR Lighting is asking every one of our employees to help with our prevention efforts while at work.
In order to minimize the spread of COVID-l9, everyone must play their part. As set forth below, JR Lighting has instituted various housekeeping, social distancing, and other best practices that all employees must follow. In addition, employees are expected to report to their managers or supervisors if they are experiencing signs or symptoms of COVID-19, as described below. If you have a specific question about this Plan or COVID-19, please contact us.
OSHA and the CDC have provided the following control and preventative guidance for all workers, regardless of exposure risk:
• Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. When soap and running water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Follow appropriate respiratory etiquette, which includes covering for coughs and sneezes.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
In addition, employees must familiarize themselves with the symptoms of COVID-19, which include the following:
• Coughing, Fever, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing. As well as early symptoms such as chills, body aches, sore throat, headache, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, and runny nose.
• If an employee develops a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, such as cough or shortness of breath, they are NOT TO GO TO WORK and are call their immediate supervisor and healthcare provider right away. Likewise, if an employee comes into close contact with someone showing these symptoms, they are to call their supervisor and healthcare provider right away.
Responsibilities of Managers and Supervisors
All managers and supervisors must be familiar with this Plan and be ready to answer questions from employees. Managers and supervisors must set a good example by following this Plan at all times. This involves practicing good personal hygiene and warehouse safety practices to prevent the spread of the virus. Managers and supervisors must encourage this same behavior from all employees.
- Employee Exhibits COVID-19 Symptoms
If an employee exhibits COVID-19 symptoms, the employee must remain at home until he or she is symptom free for 72 hours (3 full days) without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g., cough suppressants). The Company will similarly require an employee who reports to work with symptoms to return home until he or she is symptom free for 72 hours (3 full days). To the extent practical, employees are required to obtain a doctor’s note clearing them to return to work.
- Employee Tests Positive for COVID-19
Employees who test positive and/or have been hospitalized may return to work when directed to do so by their medical care providers or they can provide a current negative COVID-19 test.
- Employee Has Close Contact with an Individual Who Has Tested Positive for COVID-19
Employees who have come into close contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 (co-worker or otherwise) will be directed to self-quarantine for 14 days from the last date of close contact with that individual. Close contact is defined as six (6) feet or less for a prolonged period of time.
- If JR Lighting learns that an employee has tested positive
We will conduct an investigation to determine co-workers who may have had close contact with the confirmed positive employee in the prior 14 days and direct those individuals who have had close contact with the confirmed-positive employee to self-quarantine for 14 days from the last date of close contact with that employee. If applicable, the Company will also notify any sub-contractors, vendors/suppliers or visitors who may have had close contact with the confirmed-positive employee. If an employee learns that he or she has come into close contact with a confirmed-positive individual outside of the workplace, he/she must alert a manager or supervisor of the close contact and self-quarantine for 14 days from the last date of close contact with that individual.
Looking for more information?
Please contact us today with any concerns regarding JR Lighting SET or Covid-19 exposure prevention & preparedness...