Proactive & Protective Measures for COVID-19 Exposure Prevention, Preparedness, and Response
For decades, JR Lighting has demonstrated unwavering support of the Nevada and surrounding Film Communities in past emergency situations, and in dealing with the present circumstances, we will continue to use every effort to deliver the quality and level of service you have come to expect from us. And in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have instituted the following proactive & protective measures for the warehouse and office areas.
General Safety Policies and Rules
• Practice good hygiene: wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Avoid touching your face, eyes, food, etc. with unwashed hands.
• Upon arrival, all employees will have temperatures taken. Any readings above 100.4 will result in the employee being sent home for the day.
• Any employee/independent contractor/visitor showing symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to leave the jobsite and return home.
• During any in-person safety meetings, avoid gathering in groups of more than 10 people and participants must remain at least six (6) feet apart.
• Employees must avoid physical contact with others and shall direct others (co-workers/contractors/visitors) to increase personal space to at least six (6) feet, where possible. When working inside a truck, only necessary employees should enter the truck box and all employees should maintain social distancing while inside.
• All in-person meetings will be limited. To the extent possible, meetings with clients and vendors will be conducted by telephone.
• Employees will be encouraged to stagger breaks and lunches, if practicable, to reduce the amount of people utilizing break room spaces at any given time.
• In situations where access to running water for hand washing may be impracticable, the Company will provide, if available, alcohol-based hand sanitizers and/or wipes.
• Employees should limit the use of co-workers’ tools and equipment. To the extent tools must be shared, the Company will provide alcohol-based wipes to clean tools before and after use. When cleaning tools and equipment, employees should consult manufacturing recommendations for proper cleaning techniques and restrictions.
• Employees are encouraged to minimize ride-sharing. While in vehicles, employees must ensure adequate ventilation.
• If practicable, each employee should use/drive the same truck or piece of equipment every shift.
Clients and Visitors
• We ask that all clients call ahead to coordinate any and all pickups with their Rental Agent. Visitors are asked to call ahead and make an appointment for a tour. We will not be conducting walk in tours at this time.
• Any Visitors or Clients entering the building must sign in at the front desk. Their temperature will be taken and they will be asked a series of screening questions in advance of entering. Anyone with temperatures above 100.4 will be asked to return when symptoms have subsided. If the client or visitor answers “yes” to any of the following questions, he/she should not be permitted to access the building. Clients will be asked to wait in their vehicle for gear to be brought out to the back of their vehicle. They must remain a minimum of 6 feet away from any Company employees. Visitors will be asked to return when they are no longer exhibiting symptoms and have not for a proper amount of time.
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 or experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 7 days (to include fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing)?
- Have you had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Have you had close contact with or cared for someone experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (to include fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing)?
• Clients and Visitors must wear a mask at all times. If they do not already have their own, one will be supplied for them. Gloves are optional.
• Deliveries to the warehouse will be permitted but should be properly coordinated in line with the employer’s minimal contact and cleaning protocols. Delivery personnel should keep 6 feet of distance between them and Company personnel as much as possible.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• In addition to regular PPE for workers engaged in various tasks (fall protection, hard hats, hearing protection), the Company will also provide employees with:
- Gloves: Gloves should be worn at all times when prepping, testing, cleaning, or moving any gear. The type of glove worn should be appropriate to the task. Employees should avoid sharing gloves.
- Masks or Face Coverings: Employees must wear masks or face coverings when closer than 6ft to another person.
• Employees will be issued PPE as needed. PPE is required to be worn when social distancing is not possible, when Visitors or Clients are present, and when handling gear in the following circumstances:
- Receiving return equipment- gloves must be worn, masks are to be worn if interfacing with the person dropping it off.
- Staging equipment for sanitation- gloves must be worn while touching gear as it is loaded into the sanitation area. Gloves then must be thrown into the UVC area for sanitization, sanitized in another way or gloves are to be changed to disposables for handling the gear when it is officially sanitized.
- Staging or loading sanitized gear- only new or freshly sanitized gloves are to be worn and masks must be worn as to not contaminate the gear.
• Employees may choose to provide and regularly clean their own masks if they choose to not use the masks provided by the company.
Work Practice Controls
• To mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the following Work Practice Controls should be followed:
- In areas where employees must be closer than 6 feet to one another, it is recommended that they stand or sit back to back or put up a divider of some kind.
- Limit time of doing tasks where you are in close proximity of others, to the extent practicable.
Looking for more information?
Please contact us today with any concerns regarding JR Lighting S.E.T. or Covid-19 exposure prevention & preparedness...